Wednesday, September 2, 2009

This is my life...

It's 9:30 and I am in bed.

Most people my age are up drinking and socializing, staying up into the wee hours of the morning leaving just enough time to sober up before work.

Not me. I need to be well hydrated and asleep before 10 so I can get my 11-mile run in before work.

...I'm one helluva good time.

I've gotten fed up with this recently and decided I am going to turn the tables and place the blame on my friends so here it goes...

"Why can't YOU hang out at 6 in the morning?! I just want to spend time with you."

"I hate that you can never come hydrate with me because you have to wake up late."

"I don't know how you wake up that late, now that is crazy."

So to all my non-runner friends, thank you. Thank you for the crap you give me for doing what I do. Distance running is a test of endurance and requires perserverance. My training gets me there physically while you guys get me there mentally :)

(Disclaimer: this post written with a hopefully obvious sarcastic tone)


No comments:

Post a Comment