Tuesday, May 10, 2011

When life takes over

Sometimes you make plans and life happens. It's a simple truth, but one worth stating. No, nothing dramatic happened to me so please don't worry/get excited.

I was just thinking this morning on my run about some new years resolutions I made and which ones I have kept so far. Before I let myself feel like a failure for the ones that have long since passed, I realized that most were out of my control. Life simply took over.

Take this blog for instance...after months of regular entries, i've been dormant in my most crucial training period to date. I've had many realizations on the road and have plenty of stories to share with you all, but life happened.

It's like they say, "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans".

No comments:

Post a Comment