Monday, April 25, 2011

Looking for a 25 hour day

Have you ever felt like there just isn't enough time in a day? Why didn't God decide to make a day longer? How am I supposed to fit everything into 24 hours?

I have found myself asking this question almost daily as I try to work, run and keep a dying social calendar on life support. I know everyone is busy, so I am definitely not looking for pity, just pointing out how difficult it is for all of us to navigate through the maze of our lives in such short time.

My running has been going well as i've surprisingly squeezed in my miles to some tight spaces. I have spent a lot of time on the roads with no sun to guide my path, only street lamps and headlights from oncoming cars.

One thing i've learned in the past few weeks is that being busy can be a good motivator. What I mean by that is, it's hard to be apathetic when you're up against the clock. College students are familiar with this concept when it comes to term papers, but the same rings true for running and even for life.

If I know I have to be somewhere, I run faster. If I have too much to do and my mind is racing, I run faster. The challenge lies in not getting caught inside this maze of life, because it doesn't matter how fast you are going, you have to stop when you hit a dead end.

No comments:

Post a Comment