Wednesday, June 29, 2011

She's the one

"It's all part of a grander plan, that is coming true" -Rascal Flatts, "Broken Road"


They used to tell me things like, "When you know, you know" or "She's out there, somewhere". My favorite line I heard was, "When you stop looking, you'll find her" because sure, that makes sense.


While the friendly encouragement was appreciated, it means absolutely nothing to a single person. None of the encouragement even makes sense.


A little over a year ago, I got to know a beautiful little blonde and she immediately stole my heart. It wasn't easy (it never is), but we managed to find our way through the broken roads of past relationships and tough emotions to get to the place I had been looking for. The one that all those people told me about. The place of "knowing". I have never experienced such a comfortable yet exhilirating place.


Suddenly all of the encouragement made sense. When I knew, I knew. I found her and the rest is now, as they say, history.


On June 12th, 2011 at Thousand Steps Beach in Laguna Beach, CA, Lindsey Joy Linker agreed to be my bride.


I could not possible be more excited to start the rest of my life with her by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment