Monday, October 25, 2010

So you want to run a marathon?

Runners come in all shapes and sizes. If you don't believe me, show up to the start line of a marathon and see for yourself. At any given race, you are bound to see runners with chiseled bodies and others with couch potato physiques, some shaped like body builders and others who carry their AARP cards with them. The only thing that all of these people have in common is determination. Somewhere along the way, they made the decision to run 26.2 and lived up to their commitment.

"Why would anyone want to run that far?" is the question I hear most often. While I could write a novel on the countless reasons to run 26.2, I thought I would share some that you may not have already heard...

-Burning over 1,000 calories a day allows you to eat pretty much anything. I'd be careful though, that double chocolate fudge cake will haunt you on your next run.

- Running allows you to see more of the world. Whether it's your hometown or a vacation spot, take some time to explore.

- Find some sanity. You're gonna spend a lot of time alone with your thoughts, might as well make the best of it.

- Sleep like a baby. Dont believe me? Go run for a couple of hours and take a hot shower...good luck making it to the bed before you fall asleep.

-Free beer at the end of a race. Running 26.2 makes anyone a lightweight!

Some run to stay in shape, others to accomplish a goal, but all run with determination. Find what motivates you and use it to run 26.2, I guarantee you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment