Friday, April 8, 2011

A little motivation goes a long way

Just a few days ago I was miserable on a three-mile run, with no race in sight I found very little drive to get out on the road in the morning. The next day I hopped straight out of bed with plenty of energy and found new life in my legs. I was excited to be out running and found a new sense of confidence. The difference? I had signed up for a couple of races, giving myself something to strive after. I was loving the new energy, but realized something about myself. I can push myself incredibly hard if I am motivated by a goal. However, if no goal or dream exists I become as useless as an old pair of running shoes. At some point, I need to find a happy medium. I need to be able to live my life with the passion of chasing a dream, even if i'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment