Wednesday, February 1, 2012

50...

I don't enjoy running because of the alone time or the cool kicks or how it benefits my health. I don't hit the road every day to escape or to lose weight. I pull myself out of bed every morning and lace up my shoes because I love the challenge.

Ever since I started running back in the spring of 2007, I have set goals for myself. With each goal came a new challenge...a 10k, a marathon, more marathons, and most recently my first ultramarathon. With each challenge completed, I looked towards the next as my love of running grew and my physical limits stretched.

Two years ago I ran the North Face Endurance Challenge 50k in San Francisco. The beautiful, challenging, muddy race was my first ultra and it pushed me to the limit. The tough course pushed my body to levels it had never been before and I loved every minute of it.

This year I will go back to the same race and test my limits in the 50-miler.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this challenge, knowing that I could very well meet my limit and fail. For the first time as a runner, time means nothing. The only thing I care about is seeing it through to the FINISH.

Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment