Saturday, February 18, 2012

Running in the desert

It's that time of year again...

Six weeks spent in the desert, fending for myself.

It's not as bad as it sounds, actually. Six weeks at spring training has become my home away from home. I've gotten to know the lay of the land, found a couple of spots where i like to run and have some restaurants I love visiting.

Last year I started night running regularly. It took some getting used to, but eventually it became habit. I'll try to transition back to that again this year.

My biggest challenge this spring has nothing to do with running, but is all about distance. The distance...361 miles. That's how far it is from the Angels Spring Training complex to my wife.

Last year at this time, Lindsey and i were still dating. It's a whole new ballgame this time around. We are both hoping that this will be a time of growth for us as a couple as we learn to communicate better and strengthen our connection. It will not be easy, but God has put us here for a reason and we will do all we can to glorify him where we are at...whether we are laying on the beach or running in the desert.

1 comment:

  1. If anyone is looking for great training plans that cover how to set goals, proper running form, determining your pace, nutrition, injury prevention and race day strategy you should really check these plans out.

    http://www.therunninghq.com/training-schedules

    ReplyDelete