Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Early wake up call

The alarm sounds, but it's dark outside.

You roll over to see your spouse fast asleep and looking oh so comfortable.

There's a light rain outside and you want nothing more than to doze off...but you get up.

Something deep down has motivated you to overcome the seemingly insurmountable obstacles and you shuffle your feet, rub your eyes and brave the bright lights of the bathroom as you prep for your workout. Sounds awful doesn't it?

---

Over the last few years I've gotten used to early mornings. I still hate them, but they've become something of a necessary evil.

Lately, however, waking up hasn't been such a struggle - because I wake up alone. The beautiful blonde that, by the grace of God, chooses to sleep next to me each night is already out kicking butt with her workout.

She has always motivated me, inspired me and challenged me. Little did she know that a 5 am wake-up call would motivate, inspire and challenge me more than she ever has before.

No comments:

Post a Comment