Friday, October 26, 2012

I figured it out!

I'm often asked why I like running, or how I can run so long and I've never had a good answer...until now.

It's so simple.

I'm sitting at my desk, just thinking about running (Nerd Alert!). I'm looking at gear online and wondering why they can't make something that makes running easier.

---

I enjoy running because it's a struggle. It's the same exact struggle for everyone who tries it - and I love that. It doesn't matter if you're big or small, white or black, American or Ethiopian. Go out and try it, it's not easy at first.

The beauty is in the triumph.

The most meaningful moments in life are born of a challenge. My most memorable races are the ones that forced me to overcome obstacles. I'm willing to bet the most impactful moments in your life saw you triumph over adversity.

Face your challenge - face it today. Run as hard as you can, right towards it.

Find the beauty that lies in the triumph.

No comments:

Post a Comment