Monday, January 26, 2009

Recovering (still)

It has been just over a week since I finished the marathon and although the soreness is gone, I am still experiencing pain. The nagging pain in my left foot has not subsided since the race and I finally gave in and made a doctors appointment. Your prayers would be much appreciated.

Struggling with this pain got me thinking about pride and humility. God will always find ways to keep us humble to show that He alone is in control. After finishing the marathon I felt very confident, maybe too confident. Perhaps God wanted to give me a little reminder that none of it would have been possible without him. Whatever the reason, this experience has been a good reminder to be thankful for the gifts He gives us and to praise His name always.

No comments:

Post a Comment