Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Year, New Goals

With Christmas cookies slowly disappearing, I know the new year must be approaching quickly.

Like many others, I like to sit down in late December and make a couple of goals for the coming new year. I try to stay away from the cliche "lose this many pounds" or "not eat chocolate" and set attainable goals that I can work at continuously throughout the year.

While I haven't ever shared many of my resolutions in the past, I thought I would share my running-related ones this year. My hope is that you all will help to keep me accountable, and that the added pressure of letting you all know will motivate me to stick with each and every goal. Maybe it'll even encourage you to set some running-related goals for the new year.

Without further adieu, the following is a list of running goals I have set for myself for 2011:

Complete five marathons. (Signed up for 3 already so i'm on my way)

Run every day of the year. (Minimum of 2 miles a day and 20 miles a week)

Run 2011 miles. (Cliche, I know)

Train for and finish a 50 mile race in January of 2011. (Avalon 50 on Catalina Island is my goal)

Well, that's a lot of miles. I better get out there and get goin...

No comments:

Post a Comment