Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Never satisfied...

I've never been able to really explain why I love running so much and i'm always at a loss for words when people ask me why I push myself so hard. It has always just made sense to me, but i've never been able to put it in words that make sense to others.

Last night, I was reading a new book titled, "Run: The Mind-Body Method of Running by Feel" written by Matt Fitgerald and I came across a line that was just perfect. It finally gave me an answer that makes sense...

"Being a happy runner is compatible with being a runner who is never satisfied."

The statement is so simple, but it truly captures my motivation to run more, faster, and longer.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized the statement is also true of my life. Never being completely satisfied gives me the desire to try new things, to learn more and to set and reach new goals.

To those of you who have asked me about my running and have not received sufficient reason, I hope this helps. If you're not satisfied, well, then you have what it takes to be a runner.

No comments:

Post a Comment