Friday, January 21, 2011

Here we go again...Two more marathons in 14 days

Can you ever have too much of a good thing? While opinions may differ, i've been pushing my limits to find out. Distance runners everywhere strive to discover the answer to this question and many eventually reach that point. Distances vary, but at some point most runners realize how much is too much of a good thing.

Two days from now i'll be up before the sun to run the Carlsbad Marathon. Two weeks later i'll head to the beach for the Surf City Marathon. For those of you keeping track, these are races four and five in my "Six in Six" goal. Almost there.

An update on my tired legs: They're pretty tired. Some mornings they will surprise me and find some life, but most mornings I am having to drag the heavy stumps all over Orange. I'm encouraged, though, at the rare moments they do show new life and I realize that I have to get through the tough times to break through into a new level of conditioning.

I'm excited for the next couple of races. After a killer 50k, I cannot wait to go back down to marathon distance and to do so in flat races. It's strange to think that a marathon will be a "welcomed regression", but I am looking forward to these courses.

Stay tuned for what I hope will be some great race reports!

No comments:

Post a Comment