Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Surf City here I come...

The more races I run, the less special they start to feel. Eventually I will probably get to the point where it will be hard to tell them apart. My next race, however, is very special to me for a number of reasons.

1. This will be my 10th marathon. I never thought I would run a single marathon, let alone get to double-digits.

2. This is a "hometown" race. Growing up and living 10 miles away adds a warm, hometown feel to this race and having run the very same streets in trainingwill no doubt benefit me come race day.

3. I'm hoping to have family and friends come out to support me as I run (it is local after all, guys).

4. This is my fifth marathon in five months, only one more to complete my "Six in Six" goal.

5. It's Super Bowl Sunday. One of my favorite days of the year. What could be better than burning 3,000 calories and then putting 5,000 back in?

No comments:

Post a Comment