Monday, April 15, 2013

Heartbroken over the attacks on the Boston Marathon

The race that stands at the pinnacle of success and the finish line that epitomizes triumph over adversity was attacked today.

My heart breaks for those who perished. My soul is angered for those who have been injured.

I am shocked. I am speechless.

These runners have dedicated their lives to this sport. Many fought through insurmountable odds to run the race today. For most, the Boston Marathon is not just a crowning achievement in their running careers, but one of life's greatest accomplishments.

These spectators came to the race today to cheer on their loved ones, to provide mental, physical and emotional support. In many ways, they have sacrificed more than the runners who trained for this race. The accomplishment of their runner is one they share.

I don't know how to respond to this, but I do know that I will lace up my shoes tonight and run until I feel like I can't keep going. And then I'll run more. In their honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment