Monday, April 1, 2013

Trimming down

Step one in my quest towards Boston is to lose what's been weighing me down the last few years.

My weight.

I'm not overweight. I would consider myself to have an "athletic" build at 5-10, 180 lbs. Problem is, most marathoners with PR's of sub-3:05 never had an athletic build. You've seen these guys, they look like high schoolers, but they're 35 years old. Most of their wives probably weigh more than they do.

I realize that not all bodies are the same and I don't want to look like those guys, but I do realize the importance of trimming down as I try to trim down my marathon time.

I started counting calories last week and as tedious as it can be, I am already seeing some results. In the coming weeks, I will continue to crack down as I push towards my goal.

I realize that similar to my marathon goals, I won't reach my weight loss goals overnight. I won't go from 3:45 to 3:05 in one race and I won't drop 10 pounds in the blink of an eye.

When I started my trim down, I weighed in a 183 pounds. My short-term goal is 170 pounds.

Here we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment